by Tina Swithin, Travel Paso Robles Alliance
If you’ve ever found yourself in the doghouse for vacationing without your best friend, I can help you to thoroughly redeem yourself. I double-dog-dare you to grab your favorite furry friend along with a leash and head straight for Paso Robles. Whether you are seeking hotels, wineries or restaurants—there are people anxiously waiting to shake Fido’s paw and welcome you both with open arms.
Without further ado, here are my trip recommendations:
Wineries recommended for dogs:
Arroyo Robles at 739 12th Street
Cass Winery at 7350 Linne Road
Chumeia at 8331 Highway 46 East
Derby Wine Estates at 5620 E Highway 46
J. Paul Rosilez at 4889 Dry Creek Road
JUSTIN Winery at 11680 Chimney Rock Road
Canterbury Tails Dog Resort features air-conditioned canine casitas, comfy beds, lavender baths, chicken and rice dinners and more.
• There is a nice Dog Park in Templeton by Trader Joe’s (at the end of the street). They have a special section just for small dogs. About 5 minutes south of Paso Robles, off the Vineyard Drive exit.
• There is a great dog beach on Hwy 1 between Morro Bay and Cayucos, about 35 minutes away.
• Sherwood Dog Park will be open in April 2012.
• Annual Dog Jog each March in Paso Robles
• Doggie Days in the Vineyard each April
• Doggie Splash Days each September in the Templeton pool
• Sherwood Dog Park “No Fleas” Flea Market Rummage Sale in Spring of 2012.
We can all breathe easy because I’ve recently discovered that “Puppy Love” is alive and well in Paso Robles. Come Spring of 2012, Paso will even have its very own dog park. Now that’s something to bark about! Sherwood Dog Park is scheduled to open on April 1, 2012 and is a welcome addition to the city. The new, one-acre dog park will be built and maintained by Parks-4-Pups which currently runs three other dog parks in San Luis Obispo County.
Tina Swithin is the Blog Manager for TravelPaso.com where she writes Pairings in Paso and other blog-a-licious Paso Robles articles. Follow the Paso Robles Insider to get the inside scoop on all the haps in Paso Robles Wine Country.